Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully
By entering into the competition to win a Cyprus villa (“the Competition”) each entrant is indicating their agreement that they have read these terms and conditions, and agree to be bound by them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in disqualification from the Competition.
- This Competition is operated by the Promoters, Mr Joseph Moretti and Mrs Fiona Moretti, of 2 Hector Stones, Bridgwater, Somerset TA7 8EG, UK.
- This Competition is for the prize of the property known as Villa Oikia 1, 8573 Kathikas, Cyprus.
- The Competition is open for entry to all persons aged 18 or over excluding the Promoters, their immediate family, agents, professional advisers or any other person or organisation involved in the running or administration of the Competition.
- In addition, no staff member from the charities benefitting from this prize draw, who is also involved in administering the prize draw, is eligible to enter or win.
- To enter the Competition you must submit an entry, or entries, via the website www.winacyprusvilla.co.uk or by post in accordance with the instructions set out on the website.
- The applicable costs for entering the competition are set out on our website, along with details of alternative free entry routes.
- Only entries made by the specified routes will be valid. Only entries with the correct answer will be entered into the draw.
- Postal entries must be on a postcard or in an envelope, and only one entry per envelope and one entry per household is permitted.
- To submit an entry into the Competition either via our website or free entry route, all entrants must exercise their skill and judgement to give the correct answer to the question posed on the website.
- Only completed, correct entries will be entered into the Competition.
- The Promoters accept no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoters by the closing date of the Competition for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt.
- The price of entering the competition is £2.00 GBP per entry and is payable using the "Buy Now" button on the "Enter Contest" page of the website.
- Payments will only be accepted in pounds sterling.
- Entries must be submitted in English.
- By entering into the Competition, all entrants acknowledge that their payment of £2.00 GBP per entry to answer the question and thereby enter the Competition does not guarantee in any way that they will win the prize.
- As a condition of entering the Competition, entrants must ensure that by doing so they do not contravene any laws of their country of residence. The Promoters will not be liable in any way if an entrant enters the Competition unlawfully.
- By entering the Competition, entrants warrant that all information they submit is accurate, true, current and complete.
- The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes arising from it will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- There is no limit to the number of entries that a person can make via this website.
- All entries to the Competition are final and no refunds shall be made at any time or for any reason, except in the case of entries submitted after the closing date.
- All entries will become the property of the Promoters on receipt and will not be returned.
- The Promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason.
Closing the Competition
- The maximum number of paid entries for the Competition shall be 200,000.
- Once this number of paid entries have been received, the Competition will be closed to new entries, notwithstanding the published closing date.
- When either the maximum number of paid entries, or the closing date, is reached, the Competition will close; however the Promoters reserve the right to extend the closing date by up to 6 months at their discretion. Note this has been invoked and the new draw date is August 1st 2018
- If the maximum number of paid entries to the Competition is not reached by the closing date, the proceeds will either be deemed sufficient to award the villa as a prize at the discretion of the Promotors, or the remaining funds will be allocated as a cash prize to a winner after the deduction of any expenses plus a charitable donation of 10% of funds raised. This will go to the charities named on an equal share basis (after expenses have been deducted).
- Please note, the net balance funds will be drawn in lieu of the Villa and not in addition to it.
- The Promoters will be entitled to retain 5% of the entry fees to cover administration and marketing expenditure. The remaining balance becomes the prize fund and will be distributed to the winning entrant.
- The process to determine the Winner will begin the day after the closing date and a final decision will be made within 7 days of that date.
- The winner of this Competition will be chosen at random by software, from all valid entries received and verified by the Promoters, and in the presence of independent witnesses and a solicitor.
- The Promoters’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the result of the Competition.
- The winner will be required to forward a copy of their passport or driving licence to the Promoters to prove their identity and that their entry was made using a valid debit/credit card belonging to the entrant or used with the express authorisation of the card holder.
- Each entrant agrees that the usual requirement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 for any goods and services ordered online to be supplied within 30 days will not apply to this Prize Competition.
- If the winner does not respond to the Promoter within 21 days of being notified of their status as the winner by e-mail, telephone and mail to the contact details submitted in their entry, the Promoter shall be entitled to award the Prize to the entrant selected by drawing another winning entry at random in the same method as described above. This alternate winner shall have 7 days from notification of their status by the Promoters to communicate their acceptance of the prize.
- The prize will be transferred by the Promoter to the winner of the Competition free from all mortgages, charges and other encumbrances, at the Promoter’s expense and including all fees, charges and taxes. The Promoter excludes liability for any delay in the matter being finalised except where such delay is within the promoters control.
- All entrants are solely and completely responsible for providing the Promoters with accurate and current contact details, and a valid email address.
- The Promoters will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to make contact with any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the entrants or otherwise.
- The Promoters may use contact details and other data, including personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998, supplied by the entrants to allow them to administer the website and conduct the Competition according to these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoters may also disclose this information to the extent that we are required to do by law, in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention or financial irregularities).
- The Promoters cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting the prize.
- The Promoters are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, or failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems, high internet traffic, server faults, hardware failure, or any other reason, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude the Promoters’ liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoters accept no liability for errors or omissions contained within the prize description or specification, or any other part of the website. It is the responsibility of each entrant to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any such details and/or any content of this website.
- The Promoters make no representation, warranty or guarantee as to the valuation or the prize, its structural or cosmetic condition or its ability to be sold. Entrants should make and rely on their own enquiries and legal advice about the prize before entering the Competition. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel the Competition at any time. If the Competition is cancelled, the Promoters will return the entry fees to each entrant. Where the entry fee is returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the entrant or to any other person.
- This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network used to promote it. You are providing your information to the Promoter, and not to any other party.
- An entry shall be declared void (without any refund being given) if the entrant engages in: (a) any form of fraud (actual or apparent); (b) fraudulent misrepresentation; (c) fraudulent concealment; (d) hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the website; or (e) amending, or unauthorised use of, any of the code that constitutes the website.